Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2010 Inglis House Poetry Contest Winners & Wordgathering.com


 2nd place category 1

Teddy Norris

FOR MY DISENGAGED INTRO TO POETRY STUDENT

I watch you in my early morning class:
twitchy with boredom, the yearning
for the opiate of your I-pod written on your face;
I can almost feel your fingers’ itch
to text someone, anyone, on your waiting cell.

This, while I yearn to have you understand
how even half a poem might knit a heart, explode
a head,
memorialize the very hair of the dead,
of be the breaking news. 


*************************************************
Read the rest of this winning poem, the other winning poems and honorable mentions.  These poems and many others submitted to the contest will be published in a chapbook.
My poem " The Interior Decorator" received an honorable mention.

Wordgathering

A Journal of Disability Poetry

Volume 4     Issue 2     July 2010